For the past few years, I have made a yearly goal to read more than the previous year.
Once again, I took on this challenge with a twist - to both read and quit as many books as I please. You can read a little bit more about my reading methods on this previous blog post.
Below is the list of my completed reads, but I would also like to highlight that I checked out over 100 books from my local library over the course of the last year.
Out of the 100+ books that I checked out and from my own collection, I only read 45 those books.
I quit a lot of books this year. Without giving myself the permission to quit books, I probably would've never have completed and/or found all of the 45 books I really enjoyed this year.
Here's to challenging yourself to larger goals, and the courage to quit.
Hope your 2018 is filled with beautiful reads.
- The Mothers by Brit Bennet
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
- Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Falling Upward by Richard Rohr
- milk & honey by Rupi Kaur
- Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Becoming Wise by Krista Tippett
- Out of Sorts by Sarah Bessey
- Finding God In The Waves by Mike McHargue
- Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans
- The Highly Sensitive Person’s Survival Guide by Ted Zeff
- Help, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott
- Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg
- Short Guide To A Happy Dog by Cesar Milan
- Even The Stars Look Lonesome by Maya Angelou
- Kinfolk Table
- Handling The Truth by Beth Kephart
- Frida Kahlo by Alkayat Cosford
- GOOP Clean Beauty by Editors of GOOP
- Dog Songs by Mary Oliver
- Hallelujah Anyway by Anne Lamott
- Enneagram Transformations by Richard Riso
- A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Letters to a Young Writer by Colum McCann
- The Hate U Give by Angela Davis
- The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close
- How To Fall In Love With Anyone by Mandy Len Cantron
- It’s Never Too Late by Dallas Clayton
- At Home In The World by Tsh Oxenrider
- There Is No Good Card For This by Kelsey Crowe
- Rainbow In The Cloud by Maya Angelou
- My Depression: A Picture Book by Elizabeth Swados
- Ditch The City And Go Country by Alissa Hessler
- Wine Folly by Madeline Puckette
- The Little Book of Hygge by Meik WIking
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- Things Are What You Make of Them by Adam J Kurtz
- Handpicked: Simple, Sustainable, and Seasonal Flower Arrangements by Carrozi Ingrid
- Skin Deep by Bee Sharpiro
- Succulent Wild Love by Sark
- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg & Adam Grant
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub